Tuesday 10 September 2013

Indian Roasted Cauliflower with Fenugreek Salmon

This is a dish I made for my lunches on the weekend. I am so obsessed with roasting veggies and having them with fish for lunch. I particularly like roasted cauliflower, the texture is so hearty and crunchy and roasting it adds so much flavour. Not: do not pick up with cauliflower with your hands after roasting because it will stain your fingers. I just got my nails filled and they are soooo pretty with sparkles at the tip so when I greedily ate the cauliflower with my hands I stained the tips yellow so it looked like gross yellow sparkles. But its ok because it faded now so I am no longer angry at this dish.

Ingredients

Yields 2 servings

Salmon:
2 single portion salmon filets
2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp melted coconut oil

Cauliflower:
1 head of cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-sized florets
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp mild curry powder
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
a drizzle of hot sauce (I used sriracha)
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

Salmon:
1. Preheat a medium sized pan to medium heat.
2. Make a rub with the melted coconut oil and all the spices. Rub on the salmon filets.
3. Grill salmon in pan with a lid on it for about 6 minutes on one side. Flip to the other side and grill for another 2 minutes. Cook times will depend on salmon thickness, but each side should be golden and the middle flaky and juicy.
4. wow I thought there would be more steps...but you're done here!

Cauliflower
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a big bowl mix the cauliflower florets and all of the spices, hot sauce and coconut oil so that the cauliflower is well covered.
3. Put the coated cauliflower in a large casserole dish or even a cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Take it out and check to see if it's getting soft. Stir it around so that the other sides get roasty. Bake for another 3-5 minutes. The done texture should be firm but a little soft on the floret side. They should also look a little golden and roasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment